1984 Jaguar XJ-S
The 1984 Jaguar XJ-Sis powered by a 60-degree Normal V12 engine that displaces 5343.00 cc. It produces 262.00 BHP at 5000.00 RPM and 290.00 Ft-Lbs at 3000.00 RPM. There is a 3 speed Automatic transmission. Jaguar X was designed in 1968 to the present, although it has evolved in many ways. That’s three in 1971 when a V12 engine was added to the Jaguar E-Type. Only twelve-cylinder engine in the world at that time, it was later also added at Daimler double six and the Jaguar XJ12. Also available as a convertible, XJS became available in the mid-1970s luxury GT Coupe. from Jaguar, Jaguar X-S is the successor to the legendary Jaguar E-Type in September 1975.
Based on the XJ saloon, it was developed as the XK-F though very dissimilar from its predecessor. A competent grand tourer, it was much more aerodynamic than the e-type. It was produced until April 4, 1996. The V12 version came with the choice of either automatic transmission of manual, though the manual was eventually dropped. Able to reach a top speed of 60 mph in 6.9 seconds, the XJ-S could accelerate to 150 mph.
Receive the new high-efficiency engine, XS is now the fastest automatic transmission car in the world at 155 mph. A year later the V12 XS is achieved first and second on the tour Trophy race at Silverstone. Cabriolet version debuted as an engine of 3.6-liter Jaguar AJ6 newly added to the line-up. In 1985 the X-SC V12 released.
V12 increased to 6 liters in 1993, and the vehicle received a new version of the 4-liter AJ6. Two years later several revisions made to the 4-liter AJ6 engine. Major revision is intended to highlight the major differences between the AJ16 Abdul and original AJ6. Now the vehicle is equipped with new rear brakes and fitted with outboard rear disc brakes. Introduction on XK8, XJS and production until the end of 1996.
1984 Jaguar XJ-S Specifications
- Engine Location : Front
- Drive Type : Rear Wheel
- Body / Chassis : Steel unibody
- Production Years for Series : 1981 – 1990
- Price : $34,700
- Weight : 3950 lbs | 1791.69 kg
- Engine Configuration : V, 60-degree
- Cylinders : 12
- Aspiration/Induction : Normal
- Displacement : 5343 cc | 326.1 cu in. | 5.3 L.
- Valvetrain : OHC
- Horsepower : 262 BHP (192.832 KW) @ 5000 RPM
- Torque : 290 Ft-Lbs (393 NM) @ 3000 RPM
- HP to Weight Ratio : 15.1 LB / HP
- HP / Liter : 49.0 BHP / Liter
- Compression Ratio : 11.5:1
- Main Bearings : 7
- Fuel Type : Gasoline – Petrol
- Fuel Feed : Fuel Injected, Electronic fuel injection
- Block : Aluminum
- Head : Aluminum
- Gears : 3
- Transmission : Automatic
- Final Drive : 2.88:1
- Total Jaguar Production for 1984 : 18,044
- Total production of XJ-S for 1984 : 5,813
Related Post :
Posted in Jaguar |