1979 Chevrolet Corvette C3
The 1979 Chevrolet Corvette C3 is powered by a 90-degree Normal V8 engine that displaces 5735.47 cc. It produces 195.00 HP at 4000.00 RPM and 285.00 Ft-Lbs at 300.00 RPM. There is a 4 speed Manual transmission. Very few vehicles pose kind of satisfaction as the Chevrolet Corvette is the same. ‘Vette is a symbol of dreams of childhood and growing up the victory. Only true American sports car, this car stands for excellence and became an icon as a high performance sports vehicles and dynamic.
First introduced in January 1953, the Corvette has only become more popular as the years drift by. Undergone many changes and restyles as other vehicles will for many years, Corvette has experienced new engines, transmissions, chassis, features, body colors and more. Starting with a 235 cu-in 6-cylinder engine, the Corvette has since switched to a V8 with a horsepower increase every year. Over the years, Corvette has also offered in different trim models, hardtops, coupes, convertibles, ZR-1s and Z06. Several different special editions models are also shown over the years to mark a step corvette ‘s up to new generations. Corvettes are always 2-seater vehicle, Chevy has always offered and included features and sophisticated equipment sufficient to please owners and buyers.
Sports car manufactured by Chevrolet, Corvette was originally handbuilt in Flint, Michigan and St.. Louis, Missouri and today is built on General Motors assembly plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Bowling Green, Kentucky is also home to the National Corvette Museum and annual national corvette. Corvettes are all-American sports car first built by American car manufacturers.
For the first time, production is driven to exceed 50,000 units by 1979 model. Changes outside of a small car, but a major update in the dual snorkel air cleaner that now eat L48 350 that drives the output to 195 horsepower. L82 now reached 225 horsepower with larger valves, higher compression ratios and more efficient exhaust system.
1979 Chevrolet Corvette C3 Specifications
- Engine Location : Front
- Drive Type : Rear Wheel
- Body / Chassis : Separate body and frame
- Production Years for Series : 1968 – 1982
- Price : $10,220
- Weight : 3370 lbs | 1528.606 kg
Engine [Optional Engines]
- Engine Configuration : V, 90-degree
- Cylinders : 8, Hydraulic valve lifters
- Aspiration/Induction : Normal
- Displacement : 5735 cc | 350.0 cu in. | 5.7 L.
- Valves : 16 valves, 2 valves per cylinder.
- Valvetrain : OHV
- Horsepower : 195 HP (143.52 KW) @ 4000 RPM
- Torque : 285 Ft-Lbs (386 NM) @ 300 RPM
- HP to Weight Ratio : 17.3 LB / HP
- HP / Liter : 34.0 BHP / Liter
- Compression Ratio : 8.2:1
- Main Bearings : 5
- Fuel Feed : Carburetor
- Block : Cast-iron
- Head : Cast-iron
- Gears : 4
- Transmission : Manual, Floor shift
- Final Drive : 3.36:1
- Gears : 3
- Transmission : Automatic
- 1st Gear : 2.85:1
- 2nd Gear : 2.02:1
- 3rd Gear : 1.35:1
- 4th Gear : 1.00:1
- Total Chevrolet Production for 1979 : 2,153,036
- Total production of Corvette C3 for 1979 : 553,807
- Sport Coupes : 53,807
Chassis / Engine Numbers Shown
- Chassis Number : 1Z8749S431991
Related Post :
Posted in Chevrolet |