1976 Jaguar XJ12
The 1976 Jaguar XJ12 is powered by a 60-degree Normal V12 engine that displaces 5343.00 cc. It produces 244.00 BHP at 5250.00 RPM and 269.00 Ft-Lbs at 4500.00 RPM. There is a 3 speed Automatic transmission. The XJ12 and Daimler Double Six was introduced in 1995 and produced until 1996. Known by the codename X 305. Production of low XJ12 with only 3400 examples produced. Although they share many design features as the X 300 series, there is a lot to distinguish the two series. V12 badges are placed on each side of the pillar of the vehicle.
X 308 was introduced in 1997 and continued until 2002. Included in this series is XJ7, JXR, Daimler, and Vanden Plas. 308 X series brings all-new dashboard. The most important improvement is the use of eight-cylinder engine. They offer a 3.2-liter in size, and 4.0-liter displacement. XJR included a five-speed automatic transmission and a supercharger on the 4.0 liter unit which greatly improved the performance of the vehicle. The base 4.0-liter produces 290 horsepower while the supercharger version increased output to 370.
Mark III was introduced in 2002 and brings all-new lightweight aluminum body. It is codenamed X 350. Included in this series is the XJ6, XJ8, XJR, Vanden Plas, Super V8, and Daimler Super eight. Visually, the vehicle has been changed slightly. The biggest improvement is under the hood and throughout the other mechanical components. Chassis and body are constructed mostly from aluminum with small amounts of steel.
Super V8 debuted in 2004. This is the long wheelbase version of x and is considered the most luxurious and powerful of the series. Thus, it is also the most expensive. Under the hood is a supercharged 4.2 liter V8 produced 400 horsepower. Limited edition, called the Super V8 portfolio, introduced in 2005 New York Auto Show as a 2006 model. That brings the base price of $ 115.999. Additional improvement over the power and luxury. There is only limited colors offered, black or gold winter. Zero to six takes only five seconds.
1976 Jaguar XJ12 Specifications
- Engine Location : Front
- Drive Type : Rear Wheel
- Body / Chassis : Integral steel
- Production Years for Series : 1973 – 1979
- Price : $16,120-$16,825
- Weight : 4225 lbs | 1916.428 kg
- 0-60 mph : 7.6 seconds.
- Top Speed : 147 mph | 236.523 km/h (estimated)
- Engine Configuration : V, 60-degree, Vee-Type
- Cylinders : 12, Solid valve lifters
- Aspiration/Induction : Normal
- Displacement : 5343 cc | 326.1 cu in. | 5.3 L.
- Valvetrain : OHC
- Horsepower : 244 BHP (179.584 KW) @ 5250 RPM
- Torque : 269 Ft-Lbs (365 NM) @ 4500 RPM
- HP to Weight Ratio : 17.3 LB / HP
- HP / Liter : 45.7 BHP / Liter
- Compression Ratio : 8.0:1
- Main Bearings : 7
- Fuel Feed : Fuel Injected, Electronic fuel injection
- Block : Aluminum
- Head : Aluminum
- Gears : 3
- Transmission : Automatic
- Total Jaguar Production for 1976 : 7,382
- Mark I Series II XJ12 Production (1973-1979) : 14,226
- Coupes : 979
- Sedans : 3,283
Related Post :
Posted in Jaguar |